We are a family of 13 businesses working safely together and believing to our core that no task is too daunting. We get excited by, and creatively rise to, every challenge making anything possible.
We are in the business of connecting bright minds and entrepreneurial spirits to harness the greater potential of teamwork and collaboration in an effort to simplify complex project execution. Addicted to innovation, we thrive on continuously learning, improving and growing to produce high-quality, cost-effective results for our clients and our people.
Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day; rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and going home safely every day passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Assistant Controller reporting to the Corporate Controller in the Corporate Finance Office. In this position you will be expected to assist in the oversight of the daily functions of the accounting group and play a key role in the execution of the accounting group’s operational activities.
- Assist the Corporate Controller in the preparation of ongoing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting including consolidated and business unit financial statements ,budgets, and cash-flow projections
- Preparation of elimination entries and worksheets in relation to intercompany transactions between wholly-owned subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures
- Completion of variance analysis for operating results, including “root cause” explanation of variances from Business Plans to Operations Management
- Preparation of the annual tax provision and tax forecasts
- Assessing and Monitoring monthly KPIs for NorLand’s group of companies
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset records and variance analysis between Capital Expenditure budget and spending
- Play an instrumental role in the continuous process improvements, implementing SOPs, as required
- Play a key role in the preparation of the reporting packages for the owners and Board of Directors
- Managing internal controls in the course of providing help desk type support in the maintenance of user system security
- Assist in the management of the year-end audit process, including the preparation of working papers and responding to auditor’s queries
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- CPA Designation (preferably CPA, CA) with 5 years of post-designation experience
- Prior experience in supervising accounting staff members, including the completion of review work
- Strong proficiency in MS office applications, particularly MS Excel
- Experience in the construction industry and/or experience in job costing and percent revenue recognition, considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders at various levels
- Results-oriented individual who commits to “getting the job done”
If you feel you are qualified for this role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Assistant Controller” in the subject line.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.